The American Art Therapy Association, Inc. (AATA) is an organization of professionals dedicated to the belief that making art is healing and life enhancing. Its mission is to serve its members and the general public by providing standards of professional competence, and developing and promoting knowledge in, and of, the field of art therapy. Values Statement - American Art Therapy Association is committed to:
- Public service, social justice, and advocacy for the dignity, self-worth, and creative potential of all people.
- Diversity and cross-cultural inclusiveness in its membership and in the development and provision of art therapy to the public.
- Excellent service, efficient stewardship of assets, and high quality programs for members.
- High ethical standards, and self evaluation of the organization, leadership, and the profession of art therapy.
- To provide leadership and financial and educational support to attract a growing and diverse membership of licensed professional art therapists whose services are valued, appropriately compensated, and considered essential to the public in mental health, healthcare, education, arts, and community programs.
Please click here
to view the 5 Year Strategic Plan